- Head coach Topex Robinson came into the game knowing how much Ateneo relied on their fastbreak offense and made sure his troops were prepared to stop it. The San Sebastian Stags allowed just five fastbreak attempts for four transition points, both numbers equal to the Blue Eagles' UAAP Season 74 lows. As a result, they scored just 69 points overall, a far cry from the 100 they put up versus UC.
- When Ronald Pascual went down with his injury, Anthony Del Rio took over his role of outside sniper, knocking down clutch back to back triples to keep his team ahead of the San Beda Red Lions. In this game however, Del Rio played the role of quarterback to the hilt, playing a game-high 35 minutes and finishing with seven assists. More importantly, the Stags turned it over just 10 times in the game, an amazing stat considering they had never notched less than 13 errors in this past NCAA season.
- Reserve big man JP Erram of Ateneo continues to make his case for more minutes come next year. The 6'7" shotblocker recorded eight points, four rebounds and three blocks in just 15 minutes of play, and did not seem to mind getting into it with the Baste big men.
- Ateneo's troika of scorers, Greg Slaughter, Kiefer Ravena, and Nico Salva were all inconsistent in the game. Each had standout quarters (Slaughter had eight in the first, Ravena six in the second, and Salva nine in the third), but in the key fourth period, the trio combined for just a single point, while going 0 for 8 from the field.
- Despite having the biggest guy on the court, the Blue Eagles were out-rebounded 41-35, as well as beaten on the offensive glass, 12-7. How did the Stags do it? Of their eight players that got onto the court for at least 10 minutes, all of them pulled down at least two rebounds.
- While the coaching staff is waiting for a second opinion, it is almost a certainty that Ronald Pascual tore his left ACL completely, meaning he'll be out for an extended period during the off-season. Robinson and company are optimistic he'll be back for the start of the NCAA season (June, seven months away), but that means a lack of preseason, and the additional training he would have received in the PBA-DL.
- By virtue of beating Ateneo and San Beda, and with the Red Lions dispatching UC in the second game of that day, San Sebastian was able to clinch the twice-to-beat advantage in the Finals, with today's game against the Webmasters becoming a non-bearing game.
PCCL 2011: ADMU vs SSCR