Recap - - - Preview
Players of the Game : Have to give this to BOTH Calvin Abueva and Ronald Pascual, as they simply dominated. Abueva had a career-high 31 point, plus 15 rebounds and 7 assists. Pascual had a career-high too of 29 points, and 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block. The duo combined for 60 points, the same amount as the entire Perpetual team, and in the second half, they outscored Perpetual by themselves, 39 to 29.
SSCR Stat to Watch : The Stags were still a bit sloppy with the ball, with 7 of their 12 players picking up at least 2 turnovers. They did manage to keep their fouls down, getting whistled just 14 times to Perpetual's 32 calls.
SBC Player to Watch : I thought it would be Sangalang who would explode in yesterday's game, but he had a quiet 10 points, 5 rebounds, as he fell out of the flow of the offense early when he got whistled for two fouls.
UPHSD Stat to Watch : Seeing as how the Stags were plenty more conservative with their fouls, the Altas got to the line just 9 times, and there, made just 5 of their charities.
UPHSD Player to Watch : Justine Alano posted decent numbers, 8 points and 6 rebounds in 28 minutes, but the "big" man needed 11 field goal attempts to get there, plus had no free throws.
- San Sebastian shot 55% for the game (29 of 53), including 68% (25 of 37) within the three-point arc.
- Joel Jolangcob was the sparkplug for Perpetual before fouling out, scoring 13 points (3/3 from 3pt, 1/6 from 2pt), and dishing out 4 assists in 14 minutes. He was easily their most productive and most unafraid player.
- The Stags got a 21 to 4 point advantage in fastbreaks.
SBC 89 - LPU 69
Recap - - - Preview
Players of the Game : Gotta give this to Dexter Zamora in a loss. Filling in the void left by Shane Ko's injury, the reserve guard knocked in 21 points in 24 minutes, on 4 of 6 long-range shooting and 3 of 5 for two points. He also made 3 of his 4 charities and did his best to keep the score respectable.
SBC Stat to Watch : The Red Lions controlled their turnovers in this game, making just 16 errors against a team that played a 2-3 zone for the entirety of the affair.
SSCR Player to Watch : Coach Frankie Lim decided to try experimenting with a front court of Kyle and Jake Pascual, leaving Dave Marcelo to come off the bench. In 20 minutes, the big man tallied 7 points and 7 rebounds, plus a block, which are decent numbers, though we know he's capable of much more.
LPU Stat to Watch : The Pirates did in fact manage to keep things close in the first, getting down by just 8 points, 24-16. The second quarter was when the bubble burst, as the Red Lions doubled their output, 18 to 9.
LPU Player to Watch : On paper, Allan Santos' numbers look fine, 15 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, but the former Falcon also took a lot bad jumpers, and thus went 4 for 9 from the field. He also turned the ball over a whopping 6 times, as he tired a bit too hard sometimes and wound up getting triple-teamed in front of the rim on more than one occasion.
- San Beda clobbered Lyceum in all of the hustle point stats, 15 to 2 fastbreak points, 13 to 6 second chance points, and 24 to 6 turnover points.
- Lyceum shot 11 of 21 from outside the arc, but still had a 20-point deficit to look up at.
- The Red Lions fielded 13 of their 15 man roster, and all of them managed at least 2 points each.
NCAA Picking Record: 6-5